The MSPDP offers four major kinds of resources to teachers: textbooks, a teacher's guide, videos and supplemental handouts. All of the resources on this page are free and may be shared with attribution.
If you generate additional resources (graphic organizers, syllabi, etc.) that you wish to share with the community, please email them to MSPDP Co-Director Kate Shuster (kate.shuster[at]gmail.com) for placement on this page.
- Teachers' Guide (V. 4)
- MSPDP Rules For Competition (Edited 2015)
- Scoring Rubric for Individual Performance (Edited 2012)
- Flowsheet template (suitable for enlarging to legal size)
- Sample debate: "Ban Boxing!" (YouTube)
- Overview of Debate Skills
- Sample 12 Week Debate Unit (CA, annotated)
- Debate Unit (CO, courtesy of Mary Burnham)
- Tennis Debates - a whole-class debate game
Speak Up! is our brand new textbook, suitable for middle and high school students.
Still in print - the world's bestselling middle school debate textbook - Speak Out! - a comprehensive guide based on the original rules.
Speaking and listening strategies for classes across the secondary curriculum - written by teachers for teachers.
Common Core and MSPDP
Garden State Debate League President Dee Burek has assembled a series of lessons showing how skills learned through the MSPDP meet the Common Core State Standards.