The MSPDP offers four major kinds of resources to teachers: textbooks, a teacher's guide, videos and supplemental handouts. All of the resources on this page are free and may be shared with attribution.
If you generate additional resources (graphic organizers, syllabi, etc.) that you wish to share with the community, please email them to MSPDP Co-Director Kate Shuster (kate.shuster[at]gmail.com) for placement on this page.
- Teachers' Guide (V. 4) - new edition coming in 2016.
- MSPDP Rules For Competition (Edited 2015)
- Scoring Rubric for Individual Performance (Edited 2012)
- Flowsheet template (suitable for enlarging to legal size)
- Sample debate: "Ban Boxing!" (YouTube)
- Overview of Debate Skills
- Sample 12 Week Debate Unit (CA annotated)
- Debate Unit (CO, courtesy of Mary Burnham)
- Tennis Debate instructions
Garden State Debate League President Dee Burek has assembled a series of lessons showing how the MSPDP maps onto the Common Core.
Speak Up! is our brand new textbook, suitable for middle and high school students. With all-new content for 2015.
Still in print - the world's bestselling middle school debate textbook - Speak Out! - a comprehensive guide despite updated rules.
Speaking and listening strategies for classes across the secondary curriculum - written by teachers for teachers.